Mistakes may happen when you need to be more informed or educated about residential air conditioning. ACTruth was developed for just that — to better educate and prevent homeowners of Southwest Florida from making a huge mistake. We wanted to create a homeowner resource that helps provide guidance when purchasing or servicing your air conditioning system. Purchasing a new air conditioning system is a ten-to-fifteen-year commitment, so it is essential to understand what you’re buying. Unfortunately, not all HVAC contractors have you, the homeowner, as their #1 priority.
Basic knowledge contained on this website includes:
- How to properly size an air conditioning system–square footage is not the proper way.
- How to properly size a duct system–adding a new return air to your bedroom will not fix your airflow problem.
- How to properly charge your air conditioner–just a small amount over or under refrigerant charge will make a huge difference in performance and energy cost.
- How to care for your air conditioner after the purchase–changing your air filter is only about 10% of the requirements.
“The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from the memory.”
Also included are some inside trade secrets:
- How much does it really cost a company to send a technician to your home?
- What to do with your phone solicitation for maintenance service
- What to expect from your HVAC technician
- The “dirty” little secret on duct cleaning and sanitization
Consumer protection help is available through BBB. Check BBB reviews for added knowledge and peace of mind. Reporting a company to a consumer hotline or the Better Business Bureau after the fact is too LATE!
This blog was last updated on January 5, 2023.