ACTruth was developed to better educate and prevent homeowners of Southwest Florida before making a huge mistake. When you are uninformed or uneducated about air conditioning, mistakes may happen. We want to help solve that problem so that you do not make any mistakes when purchasing or getting service on your air conditioning system. Purchasing a new air conditioning system is a fifteen-year commitment, so you better have a good idea of what you’re buying. Unfortunately, not all HVAC contractors have you, the homeowner, as their #1 priority.
Basic knowledge contained on this website include:
- How to properly size an air conditioning system–square footage is not the proper way.
- How to properly size a duct system–adding a new return air to your bedroom is not going to fix your airflow problem.
- How to properly charge your air conditioner–just a small amount over or under refrigerant charge will make a huge difference in performance and energy cost.
- How to care for your air conditioner after the purchase–changing your air filter is only about 10% of the requirements.
“The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from the memory.”
Also included are some inside trade secrets:
- How much does it really cost a company to send a technician to your home?
- What to do with your phone solicitation for maintenance service
- What to expect from your HVAC technician
- The “dirty” little secret on duct cleaning and sanitization
Consumer protection help is available through BBB. Check BBB reviews for added knowledge and peace of mind. Reporting a company to a consumer hotline or the Better Business Bureau after the fact is too LATE!
This blog was last updated on August 26, 2020.