To educate and inform “Homeowners of Southwest Florida” before they make a huge mistake. A mistake happens when you are uninformed or uneducated about air conditioning. We want to fix that problem so you do not make any mistakes. A purchase of a new air conditioning system is a fifteen year commitment, so you better have a good idea of what you are buying. Unfortunately, not all HVAC contractors have you, the homeowner, as their #1 priority.
Contacting a consumer help-hotline or the Better Business Bureau AFTER the fact is too late!
Basic knowledge contained on this website include:
- How to properly size an air conditioning system–square footage is not the proper way.
- How to properly size a duct system–adding a new return air to your bedroom is not going to fix your airflow problem.
- How to properly charge your air conditioner–just a small amount over or under refrigerant charge will make a huge difference in performance and energy cost.
- How to care for your air conditioner after the purchase–changing your air filter is only about 10% of the requirements.
“The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from the memory.”
Also included are some inside trade secrets:
- How much does it really cost a company to send a technician to your home?
- What to do with your phone solicitation for maintenance service
- What to expect from your HVAC technician
- The “dirty” little secret on duct cleaning and sanitization